Dr. Herman Johal, and Dr. Moin Khan will review, examine, and discuss some of the best evidence in Upper Extremity Trauma.
ACE Reports to be discussed
- Operative vs. nonoperative treatment for Mason type 2 radial head fractures.
- Operative vs. Nonoperative Treatment in Acceptably Reduced Intra-articular Distal Radius Fractures
- Volar Locking Plates vs. External Fixation in Operative Distal Radius Fractures
- Locking Compression Plate Fixation vs. Interlocking Nail Fixation for Humeral Shaft Fractures
- Comparing Deltopectoral vs Deltoid Split Approaches in Plate Fixation of Proximal Humeral Fractures
- Improved Elbow Function with Locking Plate vs Non-Locking Plate for Distal Humerus Fractures
Keynote: Moin Khan & Herman Johal
Dr. Moin Khan MD, FRCSC
Dr. Khan is an Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at McMaster University with a focus in shoulder surgery and sports medicine. He completed his undergraduate education in the Bachelor of Health Sciences program at McMaster University where he graduated Summa Cum Laude and went on to complete his medical training at Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine . He remained in Hamilton to pursue residency training in Orthopaedic Surgery at McMaster University and completed a Master’s Degree in Health Research Methodology. Following this he completed fellowship training in Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery from McMaster University and a Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery fellowship at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Herman Johal MD, MPH, FRCSC
Assistant Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery
Department of Surgery